Сьогодні будемо вирішувати задачки, що стосуються вживання Present Perfect і Past Simple. Рекомендую відразу згадати випадки вживання Present Perfect і правила Past Simple. Основні відмінні моменти наводжу в наступній табличці:
Майте на увазі: виконуючи вправи і вирішуючи, який час використовувати — Present Perfect або Past Simple, Ви повинні звертати увагу на всі вищезазначені обставини, бо одного з них може бути недостатньо для вірного визначення часу. Сподіваюся, вам зрозумілі відмінності між Past Simple та Present Perfect.
Отже, власне, вправи.
Past Simple або Present Perfect. Exercises.
Вправа 1. Complete the pairs of sentences. Use the Present Perfect in one sentence and the Past Simple in the other.
I (know) _______ him when I was at school.
He (live) _______ in New York since 2001.
I (not see) _______ Pete last night.
We (be) _______ in this class since September.
I (not watch) _______ a video at the weekend.
Вправа 2. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. I ________ (never/ be) to the USA. I ______ (want) to go there last summer but I couldn’t.
2. He _______ (live in this street all his life.
3. His father ________ (come back) to London last Sunday.
4. Yan __________ (write a letter to Nick two days ago.
5. He ________ (send) his letter yesterday.
6. They ________ (just/ buy) some postcards.
Вправа 3. Fill in last night, ever, ago, just, yet, always in the right place.
1. Nick ‘ s uncle went to Russia 3 years.
2. Mr. Rambler has come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has wanted to visit Belarus.
4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan.
5. They haven’t відвідали this old castle.
6. Have you been to England?
Вправа 4. Choose the correct option.
Вправа 5. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. Maria (get) ______ some bad news last week. She (be) ______ sad since she (get) ______ the bad news.
2. I (start) ______ school when I was five years old. I (be) ______ at school since I (be) ______ five years old.
3. I (change) ______ my job three times this year.
4. I (change) ______ my job three times last year.
5. The weather was hot and dry for many weeks. But two days ago it (rain) ______.
6. Tom (break) ______ his leg five days ago. He’s in hospital. He (be) ______ in hospital since he (break) ______ his leg.
7. Are you going to finish your work before you go to bed? — I (finish) ______ it (already). I (finish) ______ my work two hours ago.
Вправа 6. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. I (have, just) ______ a nice pot of coffee. Would you like a cup?
2. I (see, not) ______ Steve this morning yet.
3. Carol and I are old friends. I (know) ______ her since I (be) ______ a freshman in high school.
4. Maria (have) ______ a lot of problems since she (come) ______ to this country.
5. I (go) ______ to Paris in 2003 and 2006.
6. A car came round the corner and I (jump) ______ out of the way.
7. Don’t throw away the paper because I (not to read) ______ it yet.
8. Is Jim going to eat lunch with us today? — No. He (eat) ______ (already).He (eat) ______ lunch an hour ago.
9. Since we (start) ______ doing this exercise, we (complete) ______ some sentences.
10. I (be) ______ never to Italy.
Вправа 7. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. You (ever work) ______ in a shop?
2. I (work) ______ at my uncle’s shop when I was younger.
3. It’s the first time I (be) ______ on a ship.
4. Ann is looking for her key. She can’t find it. She (lose) ______ her key.
5. How many symphonies Beethoven (compose) ______?
6. Look! Somebody (spill) ______ ink on the notebook.
7. You (have) ______ a holiday this year yet?
8. You (see) ______ any good films recently?
9. He (have, not) ______ any problems since he (come ) ______ here.
Вправа 8. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple або Present Perfect
1. I (cut) ______ some flowers from my garden yesterday. I (cut) ______ lots of flowers from my garden so far this summer.
2. I (not / see) ______ Tom lately.
3. The artist (draw) ______ a picture of sunset yesterday. She (draw) ______ many pictures of sunsets in her lifetime.
4. I (feed) ______ birds at the park yesterday. I (feed) ______ birds at the park every day since I (lose) ______ my job.
5. Ann (wake up) ______ late and (miss) _______ her breakfast on Monday.
6. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove after dinner. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove a lot of times in my lifetime.
7. The children (hide) ______ in the basement yesterday. They (hide) ______ in the basement often since they (discover) ______ a secret place there.
8. The baseball player (hit) ______ the ball out of the stadium yesterday. He (hit) ______ a lot of homeruns since he (join) ______ our team.
9. We first (meet) ______ in 2001. So we (know) _______ each other for 8 years.
Вправа 9. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. She (change) ______ a lot since she left school.
2. I (see) ______ this film and I don’t want to see it again.
3. Jazz (originate) ______ in the United States around 1900.
4. Tom Hanks (win) ______ an Oscar several times already.
5. Long ago, they (build) ______ most houses out of wood.
6. Scientists still (not/find) ______ a cure for cancer.
7. Sean (eat, never) ______ Chinese food before.
8. In my first job, I (be) ______ responsible for marketing.
9. The last job I (apply) ______ required for applicants to speak some Japanese.
10. The first modern Olympics (take) ______ place in Athens more than a hundred years ago.
11. I am writing in connection with the advertisement which (appear) ______ in December.
Вправа 10. Complete the sentences. Use the Present Perfect or the Past Simple.
My family and I (move) from London to Cardiff last summer, so we (live) in Cardiff for seven months now. I miss my friends in London. My best friend is called Megan. We (meet) at primary school, so I (know) her for nine years. Unfortunately, I (not see) her since last summer.
I go to Greystone Secondary School in Cardiff. I (be) at the school since last September. At first I (not like) it because I (not have) any friends here. But the students in my class are really nice and i’m happy here now.
Вправа 11. Correct the mistakes in these sentences.
Вправа 12. Complete the sentences. Use the Present Perfect or the Past Simple.
Helen: that’s a nice tennis racket. Is it new?
Andy: No, (I/have) ________ it for about a year, but ( I/not play) _______ with it very much. ( I/buy) ________ it in Florida.
Helen: When ( you/go) ________ to America?
Andy: ( I/go) ________ there with my family in the spring.
Helen: What was it like?
Andy: Great! (I/stay) ___________ with my penfriend.
Helen: Is your penfriend American?
Andy: Yes. ( I/have) ________ an American penfriend for two years. (he/come) __________ to England last summer.
Helen: (I/not meet) _______ him.
Andу: No, (you/be) ______ on holiday in Turkey.
Вправа 13. Choose the correct form of the verb.
1 have known / knew, 2 lived / has lived, 3 haven’t seen / didn’t see, 4 were / have been, 5 haven’t watched / didn’t watch
1 have never been / wanted, 2 has lived, 3 came back, 4 wrote, 5 sent, 6 have just bought
1. Nick ‘ s uncle went to Russia 3 years ago.
2. Mr. Rambler has just come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has always wanted to visit Belarus.
4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan last night.
5. They haven’t відвідали this old castle yet.
6. Have you ever been to England.
1 ‘s had, 2 took, 3 played, 4 haven’t eaten, visited
1 got / has been / got, 2 started, have been / was, 3 have changed, 4 changed, 5 rained, 6 broke / has been / broke, 7 have already finished / finished
1 have just had, 2 haven’t seen, 3 have known /was, 4 has had / came, 5 went, 6 jumped, 7 haven’t read, 8 has already eaten / ate, 9 started /have completed, 10 have never been
1 have you ever worked, 2 worked, 3 have been, 4 has lost, 5 did Beethoven compose, 6 has spilt, 7 have you had, 8 have you seen, 9 hasn’t had / came
1 cut / have cut, 2 haven’t seen, 3 drew / has drawn, 4 fed / have fed /lost, 5 woke up / missed, 6 forgot / have forgotten, 7 hid / have hidden / discovered, 8 hit / has hit / joined, 9 met / have known
1 has changed, 2 have seen, 3 originated, 4 has won, 5 built, 7 has never eaten, 8 was, 9 applied, 10 took, 11 appeared
Moved, have lived, met, have known, haven’t seen, have been, didn’t like, didn’t have.
1 lived -> have lived, 2 since -> for, 3 do you know -> have you known, 4 has seen -> saw, 5 we’ve out our homework just. -> We’ve just out our homework, 6 wrote -> written
Можливі й інші варіанти відповідей.
Have had, haven’t played, bought, did you go, went, stayed, have had, came, didn’t meet, were
1 went, 2 ‘ve finished, 3 was, 4 Have you been, 5 i’ve caught, 6 was, 7 played, 8 i’ve already seen, 9 has been, 10 haven’t seen, 11 stayed, 12 went, 13 ‘ve had, 14 waited
Можливо, Вам також потрібні:
- Вправи на Past Simple.
- Вправи на Present Perfect.
Сподобалося? Збережіть на майбутнє і поділіться з друзями!